Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tim's 35ish Birthday

Tim is getting old! Aye. For his 35th birthday this year, I surprised him with an adventure on horseback. He had no idea what was coming to him. Everyone knows my love for horses, and riding them. So I thought it would be a GREAT idea to try and get Tim to fall in love with them, that way when the kids are all in school, and I start bugging him about leasing/purchasing a horse, he would understand that love and agree to it! All part of a master plan. I did a lot of research to find a place that rents out trail horses, has good views, and let's you do pretty much whatever you want on the horse (within reason, of course). I wanted Tim to feel the thrill of cantering, and most rental places are strict about walking only. So I found "Circle K Stables" in Burbank. We took a 2 hour trail ride up Mt. Hollywood to see the Hollywood sign. The views were amazing. We got a beautiful day and could see for miles and miles. It was just the two of us and a guide, she was great and willing to let us trot and canter as much as we wanted. Our horses were happy and well cared for, and very understanding of my English commands and Tim's newness to it all ;o). After dismounting we cowboy walked back to the car and headed to Philippes for lunch. We were both sore for at least a week. I can't wait to go back.... Tim on the other hand.... or should I say "Cowboy Jim".




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...